Amman, Executive Director, Abu-Ghazaleh Intellectual Property (AGIP) Regional Office
Experienced in Information Technology (IT) policies development and implementation strategies with extensive technical, management and training experience in IT including E-Commerce and Internet. In addition to rich exposure to Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), generic and country code Domain Names, and Multilingual Domain Name issues, Mr. Charles Sha'ban is the Executive Director of the Regional office of Abu-Ghazaleh Intellectual Property (AGIP), member of TalalAbu-Ghazaleh Organization (TAGO). Mr. Sha'ban is the leader of the AGIP Executive Committee, member of the Digital Office Committee (DOC) of TAGO and member of the Professional Development - IP Committee (PDI) of AGIP, whose mission is to define the policies and work processes of the company. Mr. Sha'ban holds a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science from the University of Jordan and his International professional memberships are:
* UN WGIG (Working Group on Internet Governance).
* The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN):
- ccNSO Council member (December 2004 – December 2007), Chaired the
- Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) Working Group of the
- Intellectual Property Constituency (IPC) in 2003.
* Board Member of the Multilingual Internet Names Consortium (MINC).
* Advisory Committee member of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C),
* Board member of the Jordanian Committee for the Intellectual
Property in E-Business, International Chamber of Commerce / Jordan (ICC / Jordan)
* Member in the International Trademark Association (INTA), Registration practice & DNS administration subcommittee member of the INTA Internet Committee.
* Member in the Internet Society (ISOC)
* Member in the Arab Knowledge Management Society (AKMS)
* Member in the Arab Society for Intellectual Property (ASIP)
* Founding member and ex-board member of the Arab Internet Names Consortium (AINC)
* Member in the Jordan Computer Society (JCS)